Don't Settle for Public RelationsMAKE public impact
Don't Settle for Public RelationsMAKE public impact
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
I WANT A BIGGER
I’m an author, expert, speaker, coach or consultant who wants to change hearts with what’s in my heart. I’d like to reach more people with my passions and my message, and I need your help to build a PR strategy to make news that matters.
I WANT TO GROW
MY ORGANIZATION’S INFLUENCE
I run a business or organization (maybe even a nonprofit) and want to highlight the unique value of our services and products. Help me harness the power of earned media to build greater affinity, not just greater awareness, for my company or group.
I WANT A GREATER AUDIENCE
FOR MY FILM OR TV PROJECT
I produce faith-based shows and movies, and I want to better compete in a crowded playing field. I need evocative and enticing production notes, cast bios, Web site content and other assets that compete with the best Hollywood’s big studios produce.
The ROAR team orchestrated the communications campaign for the most talked about Super Bowl ad in a generation. We’ve marketed underdog TV series and films to record ratings and box office. We help authors, experts, speakers, coaches, consultants and business owners build and execute a PR strategy to make news that matters. Imagine what we can do for you.
Full Service Public Relations
Film Production Publicity
Value Proposition Ideation
Corporate Communications & Personal Correspondence
Social-Media Content Creation
ON-SET PUBLICITY FROM "ACTION TO WRAP"
- On-set presence to scout themes / pitchable in-production story ideas for press
- Writing and dissemination of in-production and end-production press releases.
- Closely interacting with filmmakers/talent and/or their reps to secure of smooth for a later date approvals of EPK clips, photos, etc.
- Planning, promotion and execution of press / VIP set visits (working with production to select activities, interview opportunities, talent visits, photo ops.)
- Onsite media training for key talent on communicating on faith themes and to faith press.
- Ghostwriting of production diary for filmmakers/talent for use on Web, social media, etc.
- Gathering and/or writing of talent and filmmaker bios and editing, as necessary, to give the collection of them tonal similarities.
- Interviews, research and writing of full production notes spotlighting film’s themes, talent, filmmakers and noteworthy filming experiences.
- Strategic shooting of still images / BTS video to service the needs of film publicity (including secular and niche faith markets), Web site and social media.
- Professional photo editing/retouching.
- Delivery of image selects to filmmakers/marketing executives.
- Secure EPK crew to light shoot talent and filmmaker interviews.
- Conduct all interviews in journalistic style, to ensure answers reinforce the themes of the film and that individual talent/filmmakers are asked questions most relevant to them
- Delivery of video selects to filmmakers/marketing executives
WE WORK WITH
Gary has tremendous public relations expertise, and amongst other things has booked me on numerous high profile podcasts to help me get my message out. But more than just his public relations expertise, Gary has become a valued partner and friend. He does far more than just public relations, contributing to all aspects of branding, marketing and content creation. Gary’s superpower if you will is humility and passion to help the client. He is so easy to work with, as everyone on my team has said. Public relations experts can be prima donnas. Not Gary. He wants to come alongside and help you get your message out to the world.”Warwick Fairfax
What can Superman, Moses and Steven Seagal reveal about the art of public relations? Plenty, in Bite the Dog, ROAR President Gary Schneeberger’s new book, an entertaining and insightful guide for building and executing a PR strategy to make news that matters.
Schneeberger shares 30 years of wit and wisdom about how authors, experts, speakers, coaches and consultants can turn their message into headlines. Anyone who wants to change hearts with what’s in their heart will find this an invaluable guidebook to creating “man bites dog” stories – those that exceed and upset the expectations of the press and their audiences.
“Whether you are a seasoned communicator or a newbie on the scene, Bite the Dog is a must read,” says the Hon. Mary Bono, former U.S. congresswoman from California and current principal at Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting. “In his thoughtful and witty way, Gary has effectively explained and modeled the time-tested importance of the art of effective public relations. The value of his expert coaching on being the most effective you can be is incalculable.”
Schneeberger unpacks why effective PR is neither rocket science nor dumb luck, through stories from his journalism and marketing careers. He spotlights the importance of being prepared for interviews with tales from his days as a Hollywood PR executive and vice president of the international family-help organization Focus on the Family (where he spearheaded the publicity efforts for the group’s Super Bowl ad starring Tim Tebow); and uses examples from his current client roster at ROAR, the firm he founded in 2016, to explain to readers:
- How the mediasphere is like a Las Vegas casino buffet – and how you can always fill your plate
- The secret to making sure you, not the reporter, are in control of every interview you do
- What “fake news” really is, how to spot it and how to avoid it
- Why “spin” is a PR swear word, and “framing” is the essence of the art
- The critical thing all newsmakers have in common with Starbucks, Hilton, Toyota and any other brand they can name
- How even mistakes like the whopper he made in a CBS Evening News interview (which readers can watch and laugh at his expense) can be survived
- And why rerelevance may not be a word, but it must be every would-be newsmaker’s goal
“If you want to become a newsmaking superhero, Bite the Dog is your gamma radiation,” Schneeberger says. “Minus all those nasty side-effects like turning into a green rage monster or waking up shooting spider webs out of your wrists, of course.”
CLIENT CASE STUDIES
MARK BURNETT & ROMA DOWNEY THE BIBLE SERIES
BRAD KULLMAN / LOSING TO WIN
MIKE HUCKABEE GOD’S NOT DEAD 2
GOT A BIG INTERVIEW COMING UP?
WANT TO BE BETTER PREPARED WHEN YOU DO?
Download your free copy of the ROAR 4x4 -- preparation and delivery tips that have helped Hollywood power players, top-of-the-ballot politicians and the most influential ministry leaders in the world be heard.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
ABOUT OUR PRESIDENT
As founder and president of ROAR, Schneeberger draws on his executive and executional experience in entertainment, ministry and media to help individuals and organizations engage audiences with the boldness and creative clarity that ensures they are heard. He has captured his insights and experience on the wise practice of public relations in Bite the Dog: Build a PR Strategy to Make News That Matters, available at most online booksellers.
He has advised Hollywood studios (Universal, Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox), television networks (USA, History, The CW), global ministries (Focus on the Family) and publishing houses (Simon & Schuster, Hachette Books), as well as counseled and created communications platforms for some of the biggest names in movies and TV (including Mark Burnett and Roma Downey) and the most influential leaders in the faith community (including Jim Daly and Russell Moore).
His writing, under his own name and on behalf of clients, has appeared in Time, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Washington Post, CNN.com and The Huffington Post. He has an extensive background as a spokesperson, appearing on the CBS Evening News, CNN This Morning, NPR and HLN, among dozens of others.
Schneeberger also spent more than 15 years as an award-winning reporter and editor for daily newspapers across the country, including the Los Angeles Times.
He and his wife, Kelly, live in Camp Lake, Wis., with her two children, Alyssa and Hunter.